GPM0001 E9171 GPU-based Processor Module
The GPM0001, an AMD Embedded Radeon™ E9171-based 3U VPX GPU processing module (GPM), is ideal for avionics and defense applications requiring an optimal balance of performance and power efficiency, as well as high performance GPU processing and messaging with in-slot output formatting and video capture customization through a personality module.
The E9171 graphics design comes with all the data needed for support, manufacturing, and repair as well as data to support DO-254/ED-80 hardware certification. The GPM is also supported with compute, graphics, and video driver libraries complete with data to support DO-178C/ED-12C software certification. The available data kits support both FAA and EASA certification authority needs.
The design includes the option to incorporate either a standard VITA 61 XMC 2.0 site or a Personality Module mezza-nine (using the Pn7 connector), which enables video capture and GPU output format conversion. A Personality Mod-ule has the capability to reformat up to two independent outputs with the lowest latency into output formats re-quired by the application such as HD-SDI, in order to have data ready to process and display in the GPU. In this con-figuration, some of the unused 3U VPX basecard I/O pins are made accessible to the personality module.
Features and benefits include:
- Part of the COTS-D family of safety certifiable modules
- A compact GPU Processing Module (GPM) providing up to five independent display outputs
- Eight compute units, each containing 64 shaders providing 1,248 GFLOPS FP32 (float) performance/ 78.02 GFLOPS FP64 (double) performance
- Single conduction-cooled rugged module - 3U VITA 65 (OpenVPX™) solution
- Option to incorporate either a standard VITA 61 XMC 2.0 site or a Personality Module using the Pn7 connector to reformat outputs and perform low latency sensor capture
- A complete hardware solution with data package to support certification to RTCA DO-254/EUROCAE ED-80
- The provision of all IP and data to enable manufacture, support, and repair of the module
- Availability of a certifiable OpenGL® and Vulkan®-based graphics and compute libraries with data packages to support DAL A certification to RTCA DO-178C/EUROCAE ED-12C