AMD Radeon E9171 Embedded GPU
E9171 Platform for Safety Critical Applications
The E9171 Platform for Safety Certifiable Applications available from CoreAVI is comprised of temperature screened GPUs, safety certifiable COTS-D hardware IP, development hardware, safety certifiable Vulkan® drivers, OpenGL® SC libraries and safety certifiable GPU tools which have been pre-integrated and validated together to significantly de-risk the integration challenges typically faced when integrating hardware and software components from multiple suppliers. The platform is an off the shelf foundation upon which safety certifiable applications can be built with confidence.
AMD Radeon E9171 Embedded GPU
AMD Embedded Radeon E9171 power-efficient embedded discrete GPUs provide an optimal performance-per-watt balance for embedded systems with strict thermal constraints, enabling passive cooling for many designs. Targeted for use in low-power, small form factor, and ruggedized systems, the power-efficient E9171 embedded GPU is an excellent fit for applications including mobile and staticscreen digital signage, factory human-machine interfaces, thin client computing, medical displays, and heads-up military and aerospace displays.
Designed for use in a wide variety of embedded and safety critical platforms, CoreAVI's graphics and video software drivers enable system manufacturers to harness the full capabilities of the AMD E9171 GPU. Available with 20 year component supply program, CoreAVI's temperature-screened AMD E9171 GPU includes support with their full suite of OpenGL SC / ES drivers and video decode for real time operating systems, complete RTCA DO-178C / EUROCAE ED-12C Level A certification packages and 20 year program supply management.
AMD Embedded Radeon E9171 (MCM)
Features and Benefits
- Compact, power efficient GPU module from AMD’s Embedded Radeon series of GPUs
- Up to five independent display controller outputs
- 4GB of dedicated memory
- Eight compute units, each containing 64 shaders providing:
- 1,248 GFLOPS FP32 (float) performance/ 78.02 GFLOPS FP64 (double) performance
- Pixel fillrate of 19.5 Gpixels/second and Texel fillrate of 39.01 Gtexels/second
- Upgraded encode and decode to support 4K at 60 Hz and High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC), H.265
- Available with extended temperature range to meet the needs of rugged embedded systems
- Featured in CoreAVI’s COTS-D family of safety certifiable hardware IP modules such as the GPM0001
- Supported with CoreAVI’s VkCore™ SC Vulkan-based graphics and compute driver, VkCoreGL™ SC OpenGL librar-ies, encode and decode capabilities.
- Data to support DO-254/ARP-4761 processes:
- GPU functional block level (gray box) Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- User Integration Manual (Safety Manual)
- TrueCore GPU safety monitor to support CAST 29/EASA CM-SWCEH-001 HMI concerns with using a COTS Graph-ical Processor (CGP)
- VBIOS image services